Are you going on holiday soon and wondering how to go to Mersing from Singapore?
Whether you’re wondering about customs and immigration clearance or the various transport methods, we have got you covered in this article!
After reading this article, you’ll be the go-to person for anything related to travelling to Mersing from Singapore!
1. Private Car Transport From Singapore To Mersing (The Most Convenient Way)
Enjoy a convenient way to travel from Singapore to Mersing with private car transport services like PrivateCarSG!
It takes only about 2 hours and 30 minutes to reach. Plus, you don’t have to get out of the vehicle during immigration too!
Just let the driver handle the entire car journey while you spend more time resting and socializing with your loved ones.
Also read: How To Go To Malacca From Singapore
Step 1: Submit Your Trip Details To Get Private Car Transport Price Offer
Send over all of your details, such as your selected travel date and preferred vehicle via WhatsApp.
Based on your confirmed details, a price offer will be given.
Step 2: Get Confirmation By WhatsApp
Once you’ve accepted the price offered, a confirmation message will be sent to you through WhatsApp.
Step 3: Meet the Driver & Enjoy a Private Transfer
Get to know your driver upon confirmation. Choose to pay online before your trip or just pay in cash to your driver directly.
Reasons Travel From Singapore to Malacca By Private Car
- Drivers are able to pick up at any location, day or time.
- Stay inside the vehicles during customs checks and immigration clearance.
- Drivers are usually punctual and reliable.
- Drivers are familiar with local routes and traffic conditions.
- Best transport option and most convenient for families with elderly or young kids.
- Plenty of positive customer feedback.
Also read: How To Go To Desaru From Singapore
- Book in advance, especially during peak periods or weekends.
- Request a child seat if you’re travelling with young kids upon making your booking.
1. How much is the private car price from Singapore to Mersing/Mersing Jetty?
The private car price per car is around SGD 220 to SGD270.
2. What are the vehicle options for Singapore to Mersing transfer?
Choose between an Innova, Alphard or Starex.
3. When do I need to book private car transport from Singapore to Mersing?
At least 2 days in advance.
4. When do I need to make the payment for a private car to Mersing from Singapore?
You can make payment through online channels such as PAYNOW (in SGD) or credit card or pay in cash to the driver.
Also read: How To Go To Tioman From Singapore
2. Bus From Singapore To Mersing
Taking the bus from Singapore to Mersing would be suitable for those under a small budget and more convenient than taking a flight!
The average bus journey is around 5 to 6 hours.
Step 1: Buy a Bus Ticket To Mersing From Singapore Via Easybook
At the moment, only KKKL Express provides direct bus service from Singapore to Mersing Jetty or Mersing Bus Terminal.
Below are the bus details:
|Bus Operator||KKKL Express|
|Travel Duration||~ 3 to 5 hours|
|First Bus||6:00 am|
|Last Bus||10:30 pm|
Step 2: Go To Designated Pick Up Point In Singapore
Head over to the pick-up point in Singapore based on your booking.
Step 3: Board The Bus To Woodlands Checkpoint For Immigration Clearance
Then, hop on the bus and go to Woodlands Checkpoint to go through immigration.
Step 4: Board The Bus Again From Woodlands Checkpoint To JB Checkpoint
Once that’s done, you’ll need to go to JB Checkpoint to get your passport checked.
Also read: How To Go To JB From Singapore
Step 5: Passport Check At JB Checkpoint
When you arrive at JB Checkpoint, ensure your passport isn’t expiring in the next 6 months.
Step 6: Board The Bus To Mersing Jetty/Mersing Bus Terminal
Then, hop on your bus and start your journey to Mersing Jetty or Mersing Bus Terminal!
Reasons Travel From Singapore to Mersing By Bus
- An affordable option for those under a tight budget.
- Travel comfortably in an air-conditioned environment.
- Bring along your jacket as it can get cold on the bus!
Procedure for Crossing the Singapore-Malaysia Border If You Travel By Bus
You need to go through immigration clearance at Singapore Tuas Checkpoint or Singapore Woodlands Checkpoint.
Then, you need to go through JB Checkpoint for passport checks. You’ll need to bring your luggage here as well.
1. Where to book the bus ticket from Singapore to Mersing?
You can book online via EasyBook or BusOnlineTicket.
2. Which bus station in Singapore is going to Mersing?
The bus stations depart from Kovan Hub 206, Bugis MRT and Katong V Mall.
3. How long is the bus journey from Singapore to Mersing?
The average journey is around 5 hours and 30 minutes.
4. How much is the bus fare from Singapore to Mersing?
The average bus fare is around SGD 39.
3. Singapore To Mersing By Car (The Self-Driving Lovers Option)
If you love driving long hours, you’ll love driving by yourself to Mersing from Singapore!
But if not, consider hiring a private car service if you want to let someone else handle the entire journey for you!
Also read: How To Go To KL From Singapore
Step 1: Make Sure You Have All Checklists Below Before Entering Malaysia
The most important things you need to take note of and prepare before you travel to Malaysia would be all the items below:
- Touch n Go
- Valid Passport
- VEP (Vehicle Entry Permit)
- 3/4 Full Tank Petrol
- VEP-RFID tag
- Valid Driving License
Once you’ve checked everything in the list above, you can begin your journey to Malaysia!
Step 2: Activate The Roaming & Drive Your Car To the Singapore-Malaysia Border For Immigration Clearance
Don’t forget to switch on your roaming to use your phone while in Malaysia. Then, you head over to the Singapore-Malaysia Border to go through immigration.
Step 3: Passport Check At JB Checkpoint/CIQ 2nd Link Checkpoint
Get your passports ready once you arrive at JB Checkpoint.
Step 4: Navigate The Road To Mersing From JB Checkpoint/CIQ 2nd Link Checkpoint
Turn on your navigational app on your phone and choose the fastest route to Mersing Jetty.
Step 5: Park Your Car In Mersing Jetty
Once you’ve arrived at Mersing Jetty, you can park your car at the various car parks around, which are:
The average parking rates are around RM15 per day.
Also read: How To Travel From Singapore To Malaysia
Reasons for Travel From Singapore to Mersing By Car
- Enjoy flexibility during the entire journey.
- Freedom to change the schedule accordingly.
Procedure for Crossing the Singapore-Malaysia Border If You Drive Your Car
At the Singapore-Malaysia border, you need to go through immigration clearance. Then, once you’re at JB Checkpoint, you have to go through customs checks (passports).
- The car parks at Mersing Jetty can be full during peak periods or weekends
- Try to leave during non-peak hours to avoid the jams or long queues at the Singapore-Malaysia Border
- Make sure to check your passport is valid for another 6 months
- Check your petrol tank so that it’s at least ¾ full
1. Where can I park my car in Mersing Jetty?
You can park your car either at Rawa Car Park or MD Car Park. You can book your spot here.
2. How many hours is the drive from Singapore to Mersing?
The average journey is around 2 hours 45 minutes to 3 hours.
3. Is it safe to park my car in Mersing Jetty?
Yes, it’s completely safe.
4. How much is the car park fee per day in Mersing Jetty?
The average car park fee is around RM15 per day.